Kraken Review & User Rating 2020
Kraken Founded in 2011, US-based is the largest crypto exchange when it comes to trading bitcoin and altcoins in euros. It’s also one of the most secure exchanges out there, given its comprehensive range of safety measures, self-regulated approach, and security audits. Another big plus is that its fees are among the lowest in the industry, with free deposits and very competitive withdrawals and trades. Besides, you can trade on the go using its web platform or one of its mobile apps.
- Web address: Kraken
- Main location: San Francisco, US
- Mobile app available: Yes
- Is decentralized: No
- Parent Company: Payward, Inc
- Transfer types: Bank Transfer, Crypto Transfer
- Supported fiat: USD, EUR, GBP, JPY
- Supported pairs: 131
- Fees: Low
- Fiat-to-crypto onramp with high liquidity. Kraken allows you to trade more than 32 cryptocurrencies in more than 140 markets with six fiat currencies: U.S. dollars (USD), euros (EUR), Canadian dollars (CAD), Japanese Yens (JPY), Great Britain Pounds (GBP), and Swiss Francs (CHF).
- Dark Pool. If you’re looking for an exchange with an invisible order book, look no further. In the dark pool, each trader only knows his orders and can trade anonymously without revealing their interest to other traders.
- Kraken’s Over The Counter (OTC) service. High volume traders can use Kraken’s OTC with a one on one service.
- 24/7 customer support desk. Kraken offers around the clock global customer support chat in case you have questions or run into troubles using the exchange.
- Margin and futures trading. Kraken exchange offers cryptocurrency margin trading with up to 5x leverage.
- Forex trading. Aside from trading cryptocurrencies, you can also exchange your fiat currency into one of six other supported fiat currencies.
- Secure and trustworthy platform. Kraken is the industry leader in terms of crypto security. It has never been hacked before, so you can get goodnight’s sleep even when your funds are left in the exchange’s custody.
Kraken is a self-regulated exchange and complies with rules and regulations in all supported jurisdictions. It is registered as a Money Services Business (MSB) with FinCEN in the United States (reg. no. 31000136371793) and FINTRAC in Canada (reg. no. M19343731). Kraken Futures is regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority (reg. no. 757895).
Kraken is the most trusted exchange
Trade with confidence.
Earning the trust of our clients has always been our highest priority. We earn that trust through the best security in the business — most of our digital assets are held safely in cold wallets so bad actors can’t reach it.
Our platform provides world class financial stability by maintaining full reserves, healthy banking relationships and the highest standards of legal compliance.